Who hasn’t heard of the famous K-pop in recent years? Their fame has been on the rise ever since the popularity of the song Gangnam Style.
Generation Z is obsessed with K-pop nowadays, copying everything from what they wear to what they eat. They want to look like youthful K-pop stars whose skin is always radiant and glowing.
Since what we eat greatly impacts the overall health of our body, you must consider adding this extraordinary Korean side dish to your diet to discover its amazing benefits!
Kimchi- the Korean delicacy that became the talk of the town.
K-pop stars are obsessed with kimchi.
The world-famous K-pop band BTS is an avid consumer of kimchi. Jimin, a member of BTS, likes kimchi fried rice the most. While Blackpink’s member Rose is a diehard fan of kimchi stew.
All these revelations make you question one thing: What exactly is the reason behind this craze for Kimchi?
Let’s start with the basics.
What is Kimchi?
Kimchi is a fermented vegetable variation. The most common form constitutes napa cabbage, ginger, garlic, red pepper, and onion combined with probiotics and a range of seasonings.
What Makes it Popular?
The unending list of benefits is the reason for the popularity of kimchi. It includes:
- Kimchi is loaded with probiotics that improve gut health. It contains 4 times more probiotics than yogurt.
- A rich source of Vitamins such as A, D, and K
- Aids in better digestion of food.
- It acts as a booster for the immune system. A better immune system guarantees protection against diseases.
- Kimchi plays a key role in detoxifying your body. This, in turn, aids in the anti-aging process and improves your skin.
- Since kimchi has low-fat content, you can lose weight by eating it as a meal. (Don’t worry, you won’t feel hungry, it’s very appetizing!)
- It is also found to reduce blood sugar, thus decreasing your risk of developing diabetes.
The famous stars of K-pop are well aware of these benefits.
This is the ultimate secret of the glowing and dewy skin of K-pop. They know that gut health affects all our organs including our skin. Consuming kimchi improves gut health, which as a result makes your skin glow.
It also helps you lose weight by improving your metabolism and providing your body with all the vital nutrients.
On top of it, it is delicious! What more can anyone want? Go ahead and try for yourself.