Chaeyoung, the prolific rapper of the famous group TWICE, is a true ‘beauty with brains’. Being a member of TWICE, Chaeyoung has to work extra hard every day to maintain her physique and nurture her talent.
She was born in Seoul, South Korea, and is one of the youngest members of the group (Can you believe she is just 21 years old!). Chaeyoung is multitalented, not only is she the rapper of the group, but she also is an avid songwriter. Most of the songs of TWICE have been composed by the one and only Chaeyoung.
Interesting TWICE Chaeyoung’s Facts:
- She is the shortest member of TWICE(with a height of 5’4″)
- She debuted with JYP entertainment when she was just 15 years old!
- Chaeyoung’s Japanese name is Son Chae-young. Her name, ‘Chaeyoung’, means ‘variegated colors’ and ‘crystal’, or ‘flower’, in Korean.
- She originally auditioned as a singer, but since she had the potential to rap, she received training for this genre.
- She has the rarest blood group – B negative.
- Chaeyoung has 10 tattoos at the moment
- Chaeyoung’s favorite food is strawberries. That’s why her nickname was Strawberry Princess as a kid.
- She doesn’t like sweets at all and prefers a healthy diet which includes fruit and vegetables. She advocates living with her grandmother as a reason for this habit.
- A most commonly asked question is does Chaeyoung like spicy food? No, she cannot tolerate spicy food at all. Once the TWICE members were eating spicy BBQ, when Chaeyoung took a bite she screamed and tears came along.
- Chaeyoung’s short hair caused her trouble with the agency. She took this bold step, inspired by Kristen Stewart, without telling her manager.
- Do you know what other groups Chaeyoung was part of? She worked with boy band GOT7 in 2014 for the music video “Stop Stop It” and was a part of miss A girl band’s song “Only You”.
- The most searched question about her is that did Chaeyoung get plastic surgery? Although rumored to have lip fillers, Chaeyoung’s pre-debut pictures prove that she is an all-natural beauty.
Chaeyoung’s Diet Plan
Besides working out for 1 hour at the gym and going regularly to dance rehearsals, she follows a diet plan worth copying. Chaeyoung is a firm practicer of intermittent fasting and only has 2 meals a day.
For breakfast she has
Chaeyoung mostly eat fruits as a snack
She has a hearty meal for lunch. It includes
- Chicken or salmon
- A small rice bowl
- A small ball of soup
Chaeyoung’s 16/8 intermittent fasting method, i.e. eating 8 hours a day and fasting for 16 hours has immense benefits. It helps you lose weight, manage BP and cholesterol, and improve mood and sleep. Since Chaeyoung eats a healthy variety of food, she covers the needs of her body.