This article explains in detail the common concern of Snickers candy lovers, Are Snickers Gluten Free? To get a clear and detailed answer, read every point.
Snickers is one of the most popular and delicious candy bars that has been enjoyed by millions of people worldwide. I am damn sure that all of you reading this article may have consumed it once in your life, as I do.
As it is extremely delicious at the same time, many people who dislike Gluten always think and search for Are Snickers Gluten Free?
In short, Snickers Bars are gluten-free, but there are some exceptions. So continue reading to know the details, and I will also explain the precautions and much more.
- Warning: in many websites, I found that they have mentioned that Snickers bars are gluten-free, but this is only half the truth. Because some Snickers bars are gluten-free. However, there are a few that contain Gluten. So always check the label.
Are Snickers gluten-free?
In simple terms, some Snickers are free of Gluten, while some contain an amount of Gluten. So if you want to know what Snickers are gluten-free, you must check the label where you will see different ingredients, OK.
- Pro Tip: Obviously, you will not find gluten-free labels on the product’s packaging, but in the ingredients list, no ingredient contains Gluten. So always check the list.
You May Also Like: Are Swedish Fish Gluten Free?
What is Snickers chocolate?
Snickers is a well-known chocolate candy containing caramel, peanuts, and nougat and these all are covered with Chocolate. These candies are some of the most popular candies that everyone likes to eat, and in every General store and Supermarket, you will find them easily on Candie’s aisles.
A Few Facts About Snickers Bars
- Snickers bars contain 5 layers. Two chocolate layers, 1 nougat layer, 1 layer of fresh peanuts, and 1 layer of caramel.
- These bars are made of Peanuts, Caramel, Nougat, and Chocolate.
- The uppermost layer is Chocolate.
- Some Snickers contain Gluten; however, there are 100% gluten-free bars available too.
- Over 15 million Snickers are produced daily to fulfill its needs.
- Snickers bars are the favorite Chocolate of both children and adults.
History of Snickers chocolate.
Snickers have a history dating back to the 1930s, when Mars, an American company, began producing these candies. Millions of people around the world have been eating Snickers candies since then.
But do you know why it is called Snickers? It is an interesting story. Snickers’ name is selected after the manufacturer’s family horse name, Snicker.
- Snickers are made by a man named Frank Mars.
- Snickers are manufactured by the American company Mars.
- Snickers’ name is taken from a horse named Snicker.
List Of Top 10 Common Snickers Bars
- Snickers Original
- Snickers Protein Bar
- Snickers Minis and Bites
- Snickers Almond
- Snickers Peanut Butter
- Snickers Brownie
- Snickers Ice Cream Bars
- Snickers Duo Bar
- Snickers Crisp
- Snickers White
List of Ingredients in Snickers bars
The exact list of ingredients in Snickers bars depends upon the type of Snickers chocolate candy. Some have some types of ingredients. However, others have differences.
But the most common ingredients, according to Snicker’s official website that is common in almost all types are mentioned below;
- Milk chocolate.
- Corn Syrup.
- Palm oil
- Egg whites.
- Artificial flavor.
Gluten-free Snickers bars
Gluten is an important thickening and binding agent, which is quite common in factories. But people who are sensitive to Gluten do not want to consume it by any means. And they always have concerns. But they need not worry anymore.
Snickers come gluten-free as well such as mentioned below;
- Snickers Milk Chocolate Candy Bar – singles size, sharing size, fun size, and mini candy bars
- Snickers Almond Candy Bar – all sizes
- Snickers Peanut Butter Squared Candy Bar – all sizes
- Snickers White Chocolate Candy Bar – all sizes
- Snickers Peanut Brownie Squares Candy Bar – all sizes
Gluten-Containing Snickers bars.
As I said, all Snickers bars are not fully gluten-free. Therefore, I did thorough research and found the following 2 common types of Snickers bars with a specific amount of Gluten.
- Snickers Ice Cream Bar (Snickers Website days it may contain Wheat.
- Snickers Peanut Brownie Ice Cream Bars – Contain Wheat.
Are All Snickers Bar Gluten Free?
According to my research and checking the official website of Snickers, some Snickers bars are gluten-free; however, some have Gluten. So, in a Nutshell, you cannot simply conclude that Snickers are gluten-free.
So, in this case, you may wonder how to identify gluten-free Snickers if you don’t like Gluten.
Below are the 2 solutions.
- The simple solution is to check for the ingredients list on the back of the Chocolate. If you find Gluten mentioned there, then you need to avoid it. However, if no gluten is mentioned or there is written Gluten-free, you can consume it safely.
- Also, type the exact name of the Snickers candy on the Snickers website, and there you will find all the details of the ingredients of that specific candy.
A Few Concerns About Snickers Bars and My Clarifications About Them
- What does a gluten-free Snickers bar mean? Gluten-free Snickers means Snickers that don’t contain Gluten or any product that contains or is cross-contaminated with Gluten-containing products such as Wheat, barley, rye, etc. On the contrary, they have other alternatives such as Corn Syrup, Palm Oil, etc.
- Can everyone eat gluten-free Snickers chocolate? In a Nutshell, No. Because there are a few Snickers bars that have Gluten in them, which can be hazardous for people with Celiac and also for diabetes patients.
- Are Snickers safe for Celiacs? Snickers bars are thankfully Gluten-free, which makes them safe for Celiacs. However, it doesn’t mean that all Snickers bars are 100% free of Gluten, such as Snickers Ice Cream Bar and Snickers Peanut Brownie Ice Cream Bars that contain Wheat which has Gluten. So, it depends on the types of Snickers bars you consume.
- Are Snickers Bars Vegan? No, they are not completely vegan as it contains animal products such as Milk.
So that is it. According to the above information, you must check the ingredient list of Snickers bars and, if possible, check the Snickers website for more information.
If you are still confused, let me tell you that Snickers bars can be both gluten-free and contain Gluten to some extent.
But thankfully, due to the high demand for gluten-free Snickers bars, manufacturers have increased the production of gluten-free bars and are also increasing different varieties of them.
Thanks for reading.